About the Controlled Wood
“Controlled wood” means wood or wood products from known origins and which are not coming from sources consider as unacceptable by FSC. Wood categories considered as being from unacceptable sources are:
- illegally harvested wood;
- wood harvested in violation of traditional and human rights;
- wood from forests in which high conservation values are threatened by management activities;
- wood from forests being converted to plantations and non-forest use;
- wood from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
Necessary requirements, for ensuring avoiding materials from wood coming from sources considered unacceptable in the chain of custody of certified products, are established by the new Controlled Wood Standard FSC-STD-40-005 V3-0 in place since July 1, 2016.